Sunday 17 August 2014

FOTD - Naked Freak | Electric Palette Tutorial.

Okay, so I know I said I'd wait until I got home from France to do tutorials with the Electric Palette but uhmmmm, that didn't really happen. I've played around with it a little since I got it, but want to wait until I'm home (to the comfort of false lashes etc) to do some reaaally bright looks. So, wanting to keep it (slightly, only very slightly) more netural, I came up with this. I kept the crease brown and used a pop of colour on the lid and the lower lashline. I think the neutral crease makes it a little more wearable but ultimately it's still quite bright. I included one picture in the pictorial of a really neutral look I did, using the Electric Palette only on the lower lashline. I didn't take any other photos of that look, and it's so simple that I didn't think it would warrant an entire post but I thought I would throw it in here anyway because it's using the same 2 palettes (Naked Basics and Electric Palette) as my other look. The only difference is I swapped the bright lid for a neutral, matte cream colour.
I (obviously) don't have false lashes on in this FOTD, and if you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I lost my lash curlers whilst on the trip. It was pretty traumatic, but I've since bought a different pair so the republic still stands and the earth has started turning again. Basically, excuse the state of my lashes and I hope you enjoy the face of the day! If you want to see my review on the palette, with my overall thoughts and swatches then click here :)




Because the hun bun had to make an appearance somewhere in this post! Dat brow tho.
1. Slap on some primer and get goin', yo. I applied a light brown into the crease and transition area to help any future crease work/blending.

2. I added a darker brown to the crease and blended it upwards. When blending this shade, make sure you don't blend it up as far as the first transition colour for a smooth blend.

3. Added a bright shimmering green all over the lid in a packing motion, nothin' special.

4. I did some winged liner and then got started on my lower lashline. I applied a mix of turquoise and green on my lower lashline and used an angle brush to apply a bright blue shadow onto the waterline. You could opt for a black or a white instead, or even use a colour liner if your eyes are sensitive to shadow in that area. I finished up the shadow by applying a lime green in the inner corner.

5. Mascara (minus lash curlers, boo-urns), brows, and face. I think every look always seems a bit questionable until you add all the other elements! If you want to make this look very neutral on top instead of the bright green, I used the same crease colours as before and used a bright matte cream shade on the lid. I also applied the same lower lashline colours except for the lime green in the inner corner. I kept the bright blue in the waterline but you could easily use black or a flesh toned colour, again!

I did a slightly different style of post for this pictorial/how to. I know some people have said they enjoy these FOTD posts but I sometimes wonder how useful they are to people - especially seeing as I tend to do 3 or 4 different steps in the space or 1 or 2 pictures. I added some more instructions to each picture 1-5 with more detail on how I actually achieved the look. Please let me know if that was more/less helpful or made absolutely no difference. I'd really appreciate your feedback!

Products Used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Eden
  • Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Naked 2 (transition), Faint (crease), W.O.S (browbone highlight)
  • Urban Decay Electric Palette - Freak (lid), Fringe & Freak (lower lashline), Chaos (waterline), Thrash (inner corner)
  • Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (review here)
  • MAC Blush - Harmony (contour)
  • NARS Blush - Orgasm
  • Revlon Balm Stain - Honey
For more FOTD's and other makeup things, follow me on Twitter (@GraceyOConnell) and Instagram (@LongHairAndLashes) In the meantime, please let me know below what you think about adding some written detail into my how to's! :) x

No comments :

Post a Comment