Friday 29 August 2014

Mini Reviews | 5 Products I've Used Up (Empties #1)

Before I get into this post, I have to apologize for slacking on blog posts since coming home from France. I hate making excuses, but I'd been super busy showing my friend around Galway and Dublin for the week, then travelling back up to Galway for house related/moving/college things and finally trying to see all of my friends from home before we go our separate ways for the college year again - phew. I thought it would be easier to fit blogging into that schedule but I was mistaken, I'll be much more prepared next time. It killed me not being able to blog for a little over a week!
In any case, this is my first ever Empties style post... I'm not sure how enjoyable they are to everyone else but I find them incredibly useful. The concept is a little weird, basically looking into the contents of someone's beauty bin but Empties posts are a great way to get an idea of someone's fully formed opinion on a used up product. Most importantly, you get to know if the person would buy it again... and sure isn't that the main thing?! I've decided to keep it to 5 products to try and make this post somewhat short and sweet.




1. First up is a body wash from Soap and Glory. Sugar Crush has a really this consistency but smells amazing - like lemon/lime and vanilla. It's really moisturizing and foams up nicely. You also get a massive amount of product, too. I got this one in a gift set but I really like Soap and Glory body washes. I would probably buy this again, if I ever end up finishing all of my Lush soaps and other shower gels! 

2. So apparently I go through shampoo more than anything else. I had purchased a big bottle of the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology conditioner and liked it so much I went back for a small bottle of the shampoo. It's a nice shampoo and I definitely found it added more volume than normal after blow-drying. Again, I'd repurchase when I finish up my endless mountain of shampoo bottles in my shower! 
3. I reviewed the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Fibre Force range back in May (post here, reviewing more of the range) so I won't get too into this shampoo. In my review I said it's a nice shampoo but not absolutely necessary, and I still feel that way having finally finished the bottle. I will repurchase the treatment until the day I die but I've found other keratin based shampoos that I like better. It's a nice shampoo like I said, just not something I'd repurchase any time soon. I do highly recommend the treatment though, seriously!



4. I absolutely love the Tea Tree Water Toner from Lush Cosmetics. I've mentioned it in a past favourites and it's still my go-to toner for oily skin. I use this twice a day and it's fantastic... I have repurchased this and have a brand new one on my dressing table!



5. Benefit Stay Flawless... This. Primer. Another thing I mentioned in a previous favourites post and there's a reason why.. This stuff is seriously like glue for your face - it's amazing. Pricey, but definitely worth it. I've never tried a primer like this before and it just makes my makeup last all day. My foundation goes on nicer and wears nicer throughout the day. I wasn't joking when I said that I was literally scraping out the bottom of the tube - I had to photograph it to prove it! I felt sorry for myself and my spatula and decided to buy a new one in the airport last month. Best decision ever. So, I have repurchased this and probably will when my second tube runs out!




Let me know if you've tried any of these products before and what you thought of them. Comment below, or tweet me (@GraceyOConnell) if Empties are the kind of thing you'd like to see more of from me! Hopefully you're all doing well and if you're in the process of moving half your shit across the country for college, I hope you stay sane ;) x

No comments :

Post a Comment