Tuesday 2 September 2014

FOTD/Step by Step How To | Urban Chaos (Urban Decay Electric Palette).

I have been dying to get properly stuck into the Urban Decay Electric Palette since I got it last month. I had no time to sit down and play with makeup between moving my stuff from Dundalk to Galway, but I finally got a chance to throw some of the colours on my eyes and this is what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - it reminds me of a (radioactive) peacock. Blues and purples are colours I love to wear together, and I decided last minute to include the pop of yellow/green in the inner corner. The lid almost reminds me of a water colour with the blues and purples merging into one, so I opted to skip out on winged liner because I thought it would make it slightly more 'harsh' and almost graphic looking. That being said, you could definitely choose to add wings if you feel a little naked without them like I often do! I paired this with subtle highlighting, a pink blush and some nude lips. I have a review with swatches of the Electric Palette here and a slightly more neutral FOTD using it here if you're interested in seeing more of this palette :)

That Thrash colour is insaaaaaaaane - it just glows!



Completely wearing my pyjamas, completely not sorry.
1. Start off with primer and all that jazzy jazz. I added Savage to the crease/transition area using a fluffy blending brush. No need to be too careful, it'll just aid the blending of the blues and purples later.

2. I went in with a smaller crease brush and added the purple to the crease, making sure to blend it up, but not as high as the pink so you can still see the gradient.

3. Apply a white base to the lid (optional, but it definitely makes the colours stand out more - NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk would work perfectly) and pack Chaos onto the inner and outer portion of the lid. Flip over the brush and apply Fringe or any shimmery blue onto the centre to add more dimension. Blend Chaos into the crease to merge the blues and purples together. The most important part of this whole look is to keep blending where Chaos and Urban meet!

4. Buff Chaos and Fringe onto the lower lashline and add black liner in the waterline. Blue or white liner would also look great. I decided to add some glitter on top of Fringe in the centre for extra sparkle. I would bathe in this glitter if I could, it's my favourite. 

5. I added Thrash into the inner corner area because who doesn't like neon green tear ducts.

6. Lashes, brows and foundation. If there was ever a campaign for pro false lashes I think this picture is it. Ta-dah!
Products Used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
  • MAC PRO Chromaline - Pure White (white base, completely optional!)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadows - Savage (transition/crease), Urban (crease), Chaos (inner/outer lid and lower lashline), Fringe (centre lid), Thrash (inner corner) 
  • MAC Glitter - Reflects Transparent Teal (used on the centre of the lid on top of Fringe. Again, optional)
  • Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade - Dark Brown (review here)
  • Sleek Contour Kit - Light (contour)
  • MAC MSF - Lightscapade (highlight)
  • MAC Blush - Pinch O' Peach
  • MAC Lipstick - Hue
What do you guys think of this look? I know it's not for everyone but I would definitely wear this out clubbing (probably to my favourite and very appropriately named nightclub in Galway called Electric!) Would you like to see more looks using this palette? Let me know below, I have a couple more ideas in mind! Don't forget to check out my Twitter (@GraceyOConnell) and Instagram (@LongHairAndLashes) for more makeup related things. Keep up to date on new posts by following me on Bloglovin, too! :) x

No comments :

Post a Comment