Wednesday 15 October 2014

First Impressions | Lush Cosmetics Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub.

It's not quite a shower gel, not quite a scrub. It's an even mixture of both products in one little black pot. I actually bought this for my boyfriend originally and decided to try it out myself when I was in his house last weekend. I actually found it to be a bit of a 3 in 1 product. Here are my first impressions!


The texture is quite thick and goo-y. It differs from Ocean Salt (previously reviewed here) because it isn't just salt particles - there is definitely a "shower gel" element to it too. The scent isn't overly strong, a little bit salty, lemony and refreshing. It isn't sweet or fruity smelling so I think a lot of men would like this one too (shout out to my Snow Fairy using boyfriend). 

As I said before, this contains sea salt which acts as a great exfoliator and really does soften the skin. Because it's surrounded by the shower gel type liquid, it isn't harsh on the skin. It lathers up pretty well. I was surprised because I typically use a separate shower gel along with an exfoliator, but this does 2 in 1! It also contains oils which I found left my skin really soft when I got out of the shower.

I looked around the shower and panicked - there was no shampoo to be seen. I read the pot and it said that it could be used as a shampoo in a pinch. I thought it was a good a time as any to give it a thorough first impressions, as both a shower scrub and shampoo! Now, I'm not saying I would use this every time I washed my hair, but it did a really nice job all the same! Lush used to (or maybe still do) make a sea salt based shampoo called BIG, which claimed to add volume and shine. I guess similar principles work with this one, because it does lather up in a similar way to a regular shampoo. I made sure to condition well after this because I was afraid it would leave my hair stripped. I don't know if it was to do with the conditioning, but my hair did, and still does feel really soft and shiny 2 days later! Like I said, it won't be replacing my regular shampoos but its a nice once every 2 week cleansing treatment or a shampoo if you're in a pinch.

Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub.
After the first use, I would say it's a nice product. Not my favourite from Lush by any means but I think a lot of people would like this one for the convenience. I know it's popular among a lot of men too, and my boyfriend really enjoys it. The only thing I'd be worried about would be running out of it so quickly... especially if you were using it on your hair and body! After first use, I liked it, and will probably use it as a shampoo next time I'm in my boyfriend's house. However, I think I'll leave the Rub Rub Rub to himself and stick to Snow Fairy! 

It's been a while since I last did a review/first impressions type post, let me know if you'd like to see more, Lush or other! Have you tried this product before? Let me know below what your top Lush shower product is! Follow me on Instagram @LongHairAndLashes to see what else I recently picked up from Lush.. including some of the Christmas goodies ;) x

No comments :

Post a Comment