Friday 19 June 2015

Face Mask Friday | Lush Cosmetics BB Seaweed.

I'm starting off a series here on Long Hair and Lashes - Face Mask Friday, where (hopefully) each Friday I'll have a small review of a different fresh face mask by Lush. I LOVE the Lush masks, and have been using them for years. They have about 9 in the range so no matter what your skin type or skin concerns, they have something for you. I think they're such a lovely product to use as a twice a week treatment, but you do need to keep them in the fridge! Hugely important (but boring) to reiterate it throughout these posts that because they're made with such fresh ingredients, they only last a couple of weeks and need to be kept chilled. Be sure to keep your black tubs and bring 5 back for a brand new fresh face mask. 



First up in the series is BB Seaweed. Not the most exciting or amazing smelling mask (although my mam loves the spa/sea-esque smell), but it's a good one if you don't have too many particular skin concerns and just want to nourish and soften the skin, whilst putting lots of great ingredients on ya faaaaaaace. It contains kaolin, honey, ground almonds, seaweed, aloe vera, olive oil and rose absolute and it feels so refreshing on the skin. The kaolin has as a clay-type effect and dries up any excess dirt or oils, but I think the rose and aloe vera in it means that even very dry skin could use it because it is equally nourishing and moisturizing. The ground almonds makes it slightly scrubby too, so I always make sure to get a good exfoliation in when washing this off. 

BB Seaweed
Recently realized that if you peel the "made by" sticker off the tub it has a joke!
I smooth this on in a generous layer onto clean skin (no point being mean with it, since its shelf life is only about a month be sure to use it all up) and leave it on for about 10 minutes. You can see the little chunks of seaweed in the mask so if it's good enough for mermaids... 
My skin always looks brighter and more balanced in tone after using this. Nothing dramatic of course, but I can always notice the difference in my skin when I've used it. If you're not too sure which mask to pick up, or you're just looking for a brightening pick-me-up, I'd say BB Seaweed is your best bet!



AM I A MERMAID YET?!
What are your favourite Lush products? Have you used any of their masks before? Come chat all Lush related stuff with me on Twitter @GraceyOConnell and follow me on Bloglovin' to see my next Face Mask Friday! x

No comments :

Post a Comment