Thursday 1 May 2014

Mint Gold - Spring FOTD.

I wanted to do something somewhat neutral in the crease but with a pop of colour on the lid and gold glitter on the lower lashes. I think that gold/coppers are a great way to do glitters because you can very easily incorporate them into any neutral look to make it more fun but still somewhat sophisticated. The mint green colour is gorgeous and very spring appropriate! I paired it with a bubblegum pink lip and cheeks because I liked the contrast against the mint, but a more nude lip would also work well. I also tried it with lower lashes if that's your thing... It definitely makes it more dramatic! I later added in a mini tutorial/step by step on this look. I'm not sure how useful these are but I have been asked to do more tutorial type posts for those who want a step by step of the look in order to achieve something similar. In any case, I hope it's of use to someone! Enjoy :)

Lookin' like a Droog with lower lashes








                                                                   Products Used:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Eden 
  • Mac Texture Eyeshadow (in the crease/as a transition shade to help blending)
  • Urban Decay Faint Eyeshadow (crease and lower lashline)
  • Mac Pro Chromaline - Pure White (used on the lid as a base)
  • Inglot Eyeshadow #372 (loveeeee this shade! Used all over the lid)
  • Urban Decay Crave Eyeshadow (deep crease and outer corner, where the green and brown meet)
  • Essence Liquid Eyeliner
  • Mac Pro Eyeliner Mixing Medium
  • Urban Decay Gold Glitter (no name/number - came in a Christmas set forever ago but any gold or glitter copper would do)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil - Zero
  • Sleek Blush - Pixie Pink
  • Mac Saint Germain (I hate this lipstick on me but forced myself to use it for the sake of this fotd because mint and pink look so nice and spring-y together!

No comments :

Post a Comment