Monday 19 May 2014

The Beauty Tag.

Some time last week I was catching up with blogs that I follow, one of them being Susan (http://whatsnewwithsuzieq.blogspot.ie/) and had noticed she'd tagged me in the Beauty Tag! I love tag videos and blog posts so I was super excited to do this (when I finally came back from the Stone Age and into the 21st Century with actual internet access) Susan is gaaaaaaawguzz, her blog is so lovely and she writes on a whole host of beauty related things - definitely check her out!



1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners and lip products or lose all of your palettes and eye shadows? 
I'm pretty sure I went into cardiac arrest when I first read this. The mascaras and eyeliners I really wouldn't care about - but I would be torn between lip products and palettes/eye shadows. Some of my favourite lip products and palettes are limited edition (boo-urns) but Susan made a good point in saying that palettes etc are so much more expensive so I'll have to agree with her and take my lipsticks away from me, once I can keep my palettes!

2. Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Like... all of it? A 1 all over/Britney circa 2007 kind of a chop? I think I'd rather chop it all off once, let it all grow and then be able to cut it whenever I wanted to. I know I'm crazy to have long hair but maybe not to much as to rival Rapunzel in later years. 

3. If you had €500, would you spend this on clothes or makeup?

I'd probably do 55% makeup and the rest clothes... WHY CAN'T I DO THAT?! There are definitely a few a million makeup bits I've been eyeing up lately but not to the amount of €500... so we'll go with clothes!

4. Would you rather only use one eye-shadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?

I always struggle to ever do an eye look with just one colour so I'd probably say one lip colour for the rest of my life... I don't even know what one I'd choose! Probably creme cup by MAC. I'd miss my burgundy and reds so much. #FirstWorldProblems 

5. Bright nails or nude nails all year round? 

Probably a nude because it's just a classic nail colour that would go with everything, all year round!

6. Would you rather never be able to use lip gloss or paint your nails again?
Haha, so easy! I'm definitely not a lip gloss kinda gal so I'd rather never be able to use the stuff again!


7. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one?

Over the years I have definitely found a lot that I like, and a lot that I think are crap! I tend to not repurchase mascaras though, because I (like 90% of the mascara wearing population) am constantly on the hunt for the holy grail, end all be all of mascaras. However, I do really like most Rimmel and Maybelline mascaras, and I think that Supercurl (Urban Decay) and They're Real! (Benefit) are superrrrr.

8. What's your ideal coverage foundation?
Full full full. Well, medium to full. On nights out I definitely go for a very full coverage look and during the day I like a medium coverage. I'm pretty much an all or nothing girl when it comes to my makeup, I'll either wearing nothing at all on my face or go all out. In other words, you will not find a single cc/bb/zz/xoxo cream in my makeup bag!

9. Favourite high street/drugstore beauty brand?
Eeeek so many! It completely depends on what you're looking for, because like with any brand, I don't think I'd like to do a one stop shop with any makeup brand for every single product, yano? I think that Revlon and Rimmel do foundations and lipsticks very well, Barry M for nails and lipsticks, Maybelline have some very good products but I wouldn't say they're my faaaaaaaavourite but yet some of my favourite drugstore products are made by them. Wet n Wild are great newcomers to the Irish market, too! I actually think that at the end of all that nonsense, I'd probably say Sleek. They do eyeshadows very well, not something I come by easily in the drugstore, their lip products are great and their cheek products feel so high end! Love love love.


10. Favourite high end beauty brand?

I would probably say MAC. While I love Urban Decay and a couple of other higher end brands, MAC isn't so high end or luxury that you'd never be able to buy a thing from it, and the products are fantastic quality. I do enjoy their eyeshadows (mostly), love their cheek and lip products and regularly use their foundations etc. MAC was also the first higher end brand I was ever introduced to and so I would say that it's definitely my favourite. Probably not a very original answer!

11. Is there any makeup you can leave the house without wearing? 

I never wear make-up around college and I've gotten to the point where if I'm just going into town or something then I really don't mind leaving the house without makeup. I'd rather an extra 30 minutes in bed to be honest! I definitely prefer to have makeup on, but I can absolutely go without.

12. What is your most cherished beauty product? 

I'm not really too sure... I'm torn between something limited edition or quite expensive. It's not really a product but it's a powder compact that my grandmother bought me in a vintage/antique shop. It was made in the 60's and the owner of the shop actually worked in England, in the place that the compacts were made in at the time which was very cool. If I had to say an actual product though, I'd say all of my limited edition mineralise skinfinishes!

13. What skin type do you have? 
Oily oily oily. Not cute. 

14. Do you always use the same skin routine or do you like switching it up?
Some products I keep the same, some I switch up. That generally happens when new products come out that I'm eager to try, but I definitely have some long time favourites in my skincare routine.

15. Top 5 Beauty Gurus?

I love Viva Adonis and pretty much regard them as the Irish Temptalia in terms of blogging and product recommendations. HUGE fan of Batalash (massive gurl crushin' on Samantha and Angela), Sharon Farrell, Essie Button and of course, Lisa Eldridge. 

16. Which brand has your favourite packaging?
Urban Decay has such fun packaging! 


17. Which do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation.

18. Name a makeup crime you hate.
So maaaaaany... I'd have to go with the classic foundation not matching/not being blended down properly onto the neck and chest.

Quick Fire:
Blush or bronzer?
Contour!

Lipgloss or lipstick?
Lipstick always always always.

Foundation or concealer? 
Either, once it's very good coverage! 

Brushes or sponges? 
Brushes.

OPI or Essie?
Essie are newer to be and although I love them, OPI seem to have a better range of fun colours and textures/finished which I love.


Lotion or Body Butter?
Body butter!


et voilĂ ! C'est fini! Hope you enjoyed and I of course tag anyone who wants to do this and step up to the (very difficult) challenge of the blush or bronzer life or death situation! ;)


When I'm not writing about lipsticks on here, I'm generally talking about lipsticks or cats on Instagram or Twitter so follow me there if you're into that sort of thaaaaang! both are @DrnkTxtRmeo_ :D

No comments :

Post a Comment