Thursday 26 June 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag!



If you've been on my blog or Instagram for more than 10 minutes, I'm sure you've probably guessed that I like love lipsticks. I wasn't tagged specifically by anyone but when I saw the lovely Hannah from Love Life and Makeup do the tag last month I knew I had to seize this golden opportunity to talk (even more) about lipsticks and some other lip products I love! If you've tried any of these products or have any lipstick recommendations then please let me know :)

1. Favourite Balm/Treatment?

I can safely say that my lips are drier than a camel's behind 99.9% of the time so I always seem to have at least 3 lip balms handy at the bottom of my handbag and dotted all over my house. I should probably start by saying that the germaphobe in me hates travelling with potted lip balm so I tend to keep those to the comfort of my own home. I really don't think you can go wrong with good old Carmex (original or cherry!) as they are super moisturising and have an SPF which is great if you're out during the day. It also comes in a travel friendly squeeze tube which is perfect to throw in your bag. I'm also a fan of the EOS lip balms, but I won't lie... it's majorly for the smell and packaging (I mean... it's in the shape of a little egg!) and use this when I'm on the go because I don't have to deal with lip balm all over my hands. Treatment wise and because my lips are so dry, I always use Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream on them before I go to bed at night.

2. Best Eye-Catching Red?
I love red lipstick and found it so hard to narrow it down to just one. However, my fool proof eye-catching red that never fails me has to be Ruby Woo by MAC. Ah, Ruby Woo - the red that needs no introduction. The best long lasting pin-up matte red there ever was. Pair this with Cherry lipliner and you will never want to take it off... in fact, pair Ruby Woo with any lipliner and it probably never will come off!

                                            
                             

                                               

3. Best Luxury and Best Drugstore?
In terms of very high-end luxury I would have to say Tom Ford.. Not that I own many TF lipsticks but they really are fantastic! Casablanca is the newest edition to my teeny collection and it is a beautiful plum mauve that would flatter a lot of different skin tones. If we're talking middle of the road high-end then I can't recommend MAC and Urban Decay lipsticks enough! However, I also think you can find so many brilliant drugstore lipsticks like Rimmel, Barry M and Sleek, but my favourite has to be the Wet n Wild ones. The formula is wonderful and very comparable to a lot of MAC lipsticks. I have an entire blog post (here) dedicated to swatching and comparing dupes if you're interested!

I just want to look at the packaging all daaaaaay.


4. Best MAC Lipstick?
Ahhhhh... so hard! Possibly my worst nightmare seeing as I probably have the most MAC lipsticks out of everything. I have to agree with Hannah and say my most reached for nude/pink is Creme Cup and if I had to go with anything else I would say Diva because it is hands down my favourite dark lipstick. Frankly, I was shocked and appalled to see that I didn't already have a photo or swatch of Diva on my blog but I'm sure it will make several appearances when Autumn/Winter comes... until then, have a crappy old lip swatch type selfie thing (shout out to my silver Cinderella hair... RIP, you were taken too soon)

                           

5. The Most Disappointing? 
Have to completely echo Hannah again here and say the Rimmel Apocalips. Very unpopular opinion because I know the blogging world when cray cray for them when they released but we just never really got on and the 2 I bought pretty much sit at the back of my mirror untouched to this day. They stay glossy and thick, bleed horribly, smudge and feather out to my ears within an hour of wearing them and I just don't think anybody has time fo' dat. I bought Nude Eclipse and the super bright shade Apocaliptic. The former preformed slightly better than the latter, but I think that it was just because it was a nude and didn't show up feathering half as much. I really wish I got along better with these, because Rimmel lipsticks are some of my favourites.

6. Liner - Yes or No?
I never really wear a liner with nude lips but with a bright or dark bold lip then I would say it's a must! MAC probably do my favourite lip liners in terms of bold shades, but you can find some great cheaper ones with Kiko, Rimmel and Barry M in particular! In terms of MAC, my favourites are Current/Vino, Beet, Cherry and Magenta.

7. Best Gloss?
I detest lipgloss so I'm going to be short and sweet here and say I don't think there is such a thing. I haven't bought a lipgloss in I don't know how long!

8. Something Extra?
I had seen so much online about OCC Lip Tars since they first came out a few years back and always wanted to try one but could never decide on a colour. I'm sure everyone and their mother knows about Lip Tars but they're essentially liquid lipsticks that you can mix together to create custom or more avant garde shades.When they came out with Black Dahlia I fell in love and knew I had to have it because it's a colour I gravitate towards anyway and was sure I'd be happy with it on me. I eventually came round to buying it from Cult Beauty about 2 weeks ago and have fallen in love! Although it definitely isn't a typical summer shade I've been wearing it a lot and will definitely be doing a small post on it soon, showing tips and tricks on how to apply it. I think that these are fantastic products for both makeup enthusiasts and (especially) professionals! They have a variety of shades to choose from and now come in a glossy stain formula. I'm so excited to try more but cannot for the life of me decide on what colour to choose next so if you have any OCC recommendations I would be so grateful!

                             

I really loved doing this tag and I hoped you enjoyed reading! I of course tag anyone who wants to do this or tell me about their favourite lip products below. I specifically tag Susan from whatsnewwithsuzieq because I really just want to have a nosy at her lip picks! ;) 

No comments :

Post a Comment