Thursday 11 December 2014

Bloggers Christmas Tag + Galway Christmas Market.

Hi, my name is Grace and I used to blog on here about makeup type stuff that interested me. I've been so crap at blogging lately and I really have to apologise! I will absolutely be blogging more regularly this month and into January. I have SO many blog post ideas that I want to get done, but just haven't found the time yet. I'm super active on Twitter and Instagram so if you want to see some mini makeup hauls, sneak peaks of whats to come on the blog and other things in between my (sporadic) posts, then follow me on there! Last week I was tagged by Mary over at Miss Lucas to do the Christmas tag (make sure you check out her post, too!). I've been super busy with end of semester assignments and exams coming up but with today being the 1st of December, I thought it was appropriate to do the Christmas tag! I think non-beauty tags are a really good way to get to know someone a little bit more. I'm obsessed with Winter and especially Christmas. I mean, obsesssssed. Don't forget to comment below telling me your favourite Christmas movie, your favourite thing about Christmas in general aaaaand because this is a beauty blog, tell me your favourite Christmas makeup item; a glitter liner or a bright red lipstick, perhaps? :)

Galway Christmas Market, 2013.
Christmas Jumper - Topshop. Lips - MAC Cherry lipliner + Viva Glam Rihanna I.
1. What are your favourite Christmas Movies?
I love The Grinch, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th St, The Holiday, Love Actually, Home Alone, The Santa Clause... I like a lot of Christmas movies!

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

My mam and I always open one on Christmas Eve before we go to bed and then save the rest of the presents until the next day. We've done that since I was younger; one present on Christmas Eve, Santa presents in the morning and family presents after dinner!
The Kings Head, Galway.
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I have memories from every Christmas that I love, I don't think I could really pick a favourite! Visiting Santa's grotto when I was younger, driving around town with my mam late at night to see all the houses and streets lit up with decorations. I definitely have a lot of great Christmas memories from when I was younger... I asked for a hamster one year for Christmas and didn't see it in the sitting room on Christmas day - super disappointed but I moved on and enjoyed all the other things Santa had brought me. Then later that evening my neighbour knocked on the door with a hamster cage and a little furball inside... We think Santa delivered it to the wrong house that morning ;)

Henry St, Dublin.
Clery's, Dublin.


4. Favourite festive food?
Christmas dinner is my FAVOURITE. The food around Christmas time in general. A little off track but I went to the Christmas markets in Krakow a few years ago and oh my god the deep fried spiced plums I had there were amazing. Gaaaaah. But aside from that I just love eating all the food related to this time of year. I love my mother's Christmas dinner! Now that I'm living in Galway I LOVE going to the Christmas markets - the food there is amazing, I'd go for the food alone to be honest!
Galway Christmas Market 2014
Galway Christmas Market, 2014.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
Santa was always the mannn when it came to Christmas presents, and my mother is amazing with gifts! When I was about 12 my Christmas present one year was actually a trip to New York the following Autumn which was absolutely amazing. Not even gonna lie though, I love getting fluffy socks and cozy pyjamas for Christmas! My boyfriend and I have a small (sort of) tradition where he will buy me a Disney Traditions figurine for birthdays, Christmas etc. I look forward to that present so much, they're such lovely keepsakes. Last Christmas he bought me a beautiful Beauty and The Beast one which I have displayed on a shelf in my room. I laaaaaaav it! For my birthday he bought me an Olaf one which is perfect for this time of year! ... DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAAAAAAAN

3D Origami Christmas star my boyfriend made me last year. My mam actually keeps this up all year round cause she loves it so much!
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Yankee Candle Christmas scents every single time. Pomegranate Cider, Snowflake Cookie and Fireside Treats are always burning in my house this time of year!


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
My mam usually works on Christmas Eve day, so I'll hang out with my dad or grandparents for a little bit and then mam and I will watch some tv, eat some Celebrations and generally relax. Last Christmas Eve my boyfriend and I exchanged presents too which will probably be the same this year. I LOVE Christmas Eve, so so excitinggggg.


8. What tops your tree?
Unfortunately, a really horrible looking red and gold robed angel.. petitioning for my mother to change it but it's been unsuccessful so far! This year I'm thinking of printing out a photo of Tom Hardy and sticking it to the angel ;)



Some of my favourite Christmas tree decorations. I went into some more detail on my Instagram regarding where they're from around the world etc if you're interested!

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
No joke, every single year I asked for a cat (even though I already have a cat) and even thought it's not super expensive or wild, it was a little ridiculous to ask for one every year hahah needless to say, I still only have one cat!

10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?

I just love all aspects of Christmas. I know people say it loses the magic as you get older but I think that's only true if you let it lose the magic! My mam is also a huge huge fan of Christmas and it's a pretty big deal in my house. It gets harder when you get older because you realise that Christmas can be a tough time for a lot of people, or that they don't enjoy it as much as you do.. I found that really difficult as I got older but Christmas is my favourite time of year. I love the general buzz, the decorations around the towns and cities, the food (oh god, the food), the present giving (and receiving, let's not lie!), the seasonal drinks at Costa (shout out to black forest hot chocolate), the time off college/school/work, family gatherings, cold weather, Christmas tv and movies, Christmas songs (personal favourites include Last Christmas, Fairytale of New York and All I Want For Christmas) The Late Late Toy Show (if you're not from Ireland then you're seriously missing out - google it!), the Christmas ads (Coca-Cola truck and the Kellogg's cornflakes ones are a longstanding favourite!) and finally the tree! It sounds really weird, but the Christmas tree is a really big thing for mam and I. We love decorating it, we have different decorations from all over the world and some decorations which are 30+ years old. Walking into the sitting room and seeing it all lit up at night is definitely my favourite!






I tag everyone who wants to do this! I know it's not beauty related, but if you're as much of a Christmas freak as I am then do it and let me know so I can read your answers! I'd specifically love for Lorraine over at Pastel Pout to give this a go whenever she's finished exams! :)


I was definitely a slightly more demonic version of the Kellogg's Cornflakes Christmas ad girl! :')

No comments :

Post a Comment